Mud kitchen build it yourself - in just 5 minutes!
The mud kitchen is the great outdoor fun for kids in spring and summer! Discover now how you can build your own mud kitchen in 5 minutes.
Step 1: Basic framework of IKEA boxes
The basis of your DIY mud kitchen is formed by simple boxes made of wood and plastic from IKEA. Our tip: Instead of wooden boxes you can also use beverage crates!
Step 2: Stick the design foil on the lid
Stick the stickers on the lids of the IKEA TROFAST boxes. The foils are CE-certified, weatherproof, UV-resistant and ensure maximum fun!
Step 3: Fill boxes with water and sand
And the mud kitchen is already set up! You can now fill the plastic boxes with sand and water. Add a few moulds - and you can start playing!
3 reasons for one mud kitchen
- Children love the mud kitchen as a fresh air activity in the garden or on the balcony.
- Playing with the mud kitchen promotes creative thinking as well as a healthy immune system - a great Montessori toy for outside.
- When your child is busy and happy with the mud kitchen, you can sit back and enjoy the sunny days.
Perfect for the small city balcony
You don't need a big garden for mud kitchen. Our IKEA hack fits even on the smallest balcony! And it can easily be taken to grandma & grandpa's or to the playground.
Already more than 5,000 satisfied children play with the Limmaland mud kitchen
and meanwhile the parents can relax in the garden and on the balcony.
The stickers for the mud kitchen are great. The children definitely have fun!
High quality which does not lose its adhesive performance and colour intensity even outdoors after a year.
Great stickers for the mud kitchen. They arrived quickly, look good and our daughter really likes them.
Great product. Bought it for my day care. Super easy to attach and holds really tight. The children are also thrilled. Thank you for this great idea!
What is a mud kitchen?
Why is a mud kitchen useful?
- promotes creative thinking
- improves cognitive functions
- helps build a healthy immune system
- Playing with the mud kitchen makes children happy